Thursday 30 April 2009

Sushi Groove

Mood: Tiring... Happy~

Songs: Rythem - Hitoritabi Shararuran





Talking about sushi, Sushi King is the place where we usually go haha. It is less expensive *plus our lovely discount card!~* and quite ok compared to Sakae Sushi *it really sucks* Another option is Sushi Zanmai which is more expensive than Sushi King but is more delicious~


Okay about Sushi Groove, why do we (perhaps I) go there?

1. This month, Sushi Groove offers "Salmon Season," a good promotion to attract salmon lover like me.

2. Wendy said Sushi Groove serves delicious sushi although it is quite expensive since it is sushi bar so how about trying his suggestion?


So, when we enter that Sushi Groove, I am attracted by its bamboo decoration which looks quite natural. However the situation inside the restaurant is under my expectation, it is not my favorite type for eating haha. The place is gloomy with dim light *yeah it is bar as I said* and there are only two tables with 4 people so it is like... euw...


For the menu, it offers quite unique recipes such as adding spicy flavor, emping cracker, carro, etc for sushi. Less "small sushi" like nigiri sushi or maki, but more on "large sushi" such as dragon boat sushi which costs up to RM 10 (the most expensive "large sushi" type costs RM 19.90). For the drinks, maybe you want to try cocktail, mocktail, sake or green tea that costs RM 3.90 while you can sip it for RM 1 in other places?


After reading the menu several times, Miharu orders Gyu Tamago Don (RM 14.90), Hyuuga orders Chicken Katsu (RM 14.90) and I orders Salmon Shio Bibimbap (RM 9.90) + Mayonnaise Dream Roll (RM 5.45 - actual price is RM 10.90)


Salmon Shio Bibimbap - it remains me with my last time home made cooking


Mayonnaise Dream Roll - don't be surprised with its "tiny" appearance




For the service, the waitress is quite cute haha... but she needs more experience since she is still a beginner like another waiter serving our food.


So... a few minutes has passed away... the food comes and "sit" in front of us... our eyes meet each other... and... it does not take too much time for us to proove Wendy's opinion about this restaurant...


Miharu:


Miharu desu! XD As Zuna explained above, we usually go to Sushi King. But, because a certain devil (Wendy ;P) persuaded us the 'beauty' of Sushi Groove from days before, we went there in order to prove the 'beauty' ourselves and also to spare us from Wendy's torture. ~hahaha~


First impression? It was really different from every sushi restaurants I had come across. It doesn't have a sushi bar, which in my opinion, is the biggest mistake for it. What kind of sushi restaurant that doesn't have the 'walking plates'?


And talking about variety. In my opinion, the variety of sushi in there is so poor. Aside from that, the price for each items can be considered as quite expensive TT^TT To confirm what Zuna said, I ordered Gyu Tamago Don which had the same taste as beef ~hahaha~ Lame joke. Not really satisfying.... I think it only covered the portion for my breakfast.... And remembering its price, it was not really worthy.... Damn that Wendy! XD Give me back my money ~hahaha~


If some of you think that this opinion is really subjective, which it indeed is, just go to Sushi Groove first and share with us your opinions. If things turned out to be good, please do tell which good foods you ordered, so we can also check it out. ~hahaha~ If we went there again, which I highly doubted it XD


Hyuuga:




Yeah, when we pays the bill... it is written RM 52... I feel like... we paid RM 52 not for dinner but for tea time!

And it seems Sushi Groove knows what we are thinking... when I collect the change, a RM 10 voucher and stamp card lie together with the receipt ... a bribe huh?


So... Overall, I think Sushi Groove will be OK place for you if you have OK pocket... Perhaps it will be nice place to eat unique sushi after you forget how much money you have paid for your latest visit in this place... and of course to spend your RM 10 voucher =]




LINK: Sushi Groove





No comments: